[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Matt Thomas iammattthomas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:19:59 GMT 2008

> Well-designed sites and web apps take that into account by using either (1)
> use a fixed-width layout (i.e. A List Apart), or (2) use a fluid layout but
> ensuring that line lengths remain reasonable through fixed-width containers
> (i.e. Google Reader).

You're talking about sites that are primarily focused on reading and
consuming, though. I believe it's more natural for a software
interface -- creating and managing content --  to be fully-fluid. The
new Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and Google Groups, which I'm writing in right
now are all good examples.

MT