[wp-hackers] Blank index.php in wp-content/plugins

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 01:26:14 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:

> Oh, this one drove me absolutely nuts for about three days a year or two
> ago...
>
> I could NOT figure out what happened to the site.  I was not in a happy
> mood...

Heh, same,  I thought it was a plugin for awhile, and never bothered to see
which one. When I did disable all the plugins and it was still screwed up,
that annoyed me. However, I accidentaly messed up the permissions on my
wp-content dir, and I noticed it was fixed, and that's when I dug deeper
into the problem, and tried deleting that index.php file.

It doesn't really matter though, since I have IndexIgnore set in my
.htaccess, it was just in case I deleted that line or something. Also, I
have DirectoryIndex set to index.php, and index.html doesn't work. :P

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/