[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Mon Mar 3 21:15:37 GMT 2008

Personally I liked the first layout most, with the "fluid" right margin.
It made the page look well balanced even in very wide window. The only
problem with it was that it needed to shrink to about 10px at 800px wide
window and grow from there faster.

While trying different ways to put min-width in IE6 without breaking
anything, one of the layouts was to split the page into 3 main blocks:
editor, submitbox and settings, then float them all left, so they would
line up horizontally in wide window or drop one under the other in
narrow window. That looked good too, although a bit unexpected.