[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Mar 3 10:04:22 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 04:23:50AM -0800, Viper007Bond wrote:

> Just updated my SVN install and noticed that now everything is a
> fixed width (designed for a 1024 pixel screen).

> Words cannot emphasize how much I am against this.

Yes, that is one of my pet issues, too. I strongly think that if
people think that without the fixed width, it is too wide, then it is
their browser's bug that it shows it too wide. If the CSS/HTML does
not give a width, then the browser should pick a good one, depending
on user's preferences.

--
Lionel