[wp-hackers] Blank index.php in wp-content/plugins

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Mon Mar 3 09:34:13 GMT 2008

>Found out something odd today, if you put a blank index.php in the plugins
>folder, the Dashboard link will point to
>wp-admin/admin.php?page=index.phpinstead, which is a blank page (with
>the usual Admin styling).

This is an "old" problem, which is even broader: PHP files in
/wp-content/plugins/ take over their /wp-admin/ homonyms (ie a blank
themes.php in the plugins directory will take over the "Presentation"
page, and so on).

I proposed a fix & patch [1] to this 6 months ago, but it didn't seem to
raise any interest.
[1] <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4787>