[wp-hackers] GSOC Ideas

Dan Larkin nitephire at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:54:19 GMT 2008

I think given the fact that the number one most requested feature on the
ideas page is an automated upgrade process, it may be a good idea to
integrate this into the core.  I believe there's at least one plug-in that
already accomplishes this, but it seems like a lot of the people who would
be using the feature in the first place [either less than fully comfortable
with uploading/changing files or just lazy] wouldn't want to be installing
plugins anyway.  In any case, the core integration probably wouldn't be
enough to warrant a GSoC project by itself, so perhaps combining it with
another idea or few from the top of the list?  I'm just trying to figure out
how much work qualifies for a full GSoC proposal before I get around to
writing one or a few of them up...

:: Dan Larkin