[wp-hackers] GSOC Ideas

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Mar 3 06:20:00 GMT 2008

There's an excellent source of ideas that would matter to regular users:

http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/

Also I think all proposals should decide up front whether their success
will be measured as a plugin in the plugin directory or as a core patch.

If it's the latter, it needs to be vetted as something we'd actually
accept and should follow our commit early and often philosophy.
Preferably the first version should be in after the first half of the
timeline, and the second half should be making improvements, testing,
and bug fixing.

One more thing I haven't seen anyone bring up yet - improvements to
wordpress.org.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com