[wp-hackers] Shared Users Table

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 05:59:05 GMT 2008

I'm hesitant to give intelligence to another blog network. ;-)
That said, what's good for the WP community is good for us too. We have a
different approach than you, as well as WordPRess.com. WP.com takes the MU
approach. You take the CUSTOM_USER_TABLE approach where we have hundreds of
single WP installs - actually I see this being a problem at some point but
it is what it is.

Without any real experience with using CUSTOM_USER_TABLE, I'd say make sure
you are sharing CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE as well - that's where your
capabilities/roles are stored.