[wp-hackers] Copyright violations by plugin in the WordPress plugin directory.

Jerry Johnson jmiloj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:50:51 GMT 2008

Yes.

Most coders are pedants of the first order, and LOVE such minutia.

It is more a question of "community standards". What are the societal norms
for this little coding community that makes widgets. We have people coming
from intense coding backgrounds. We have open source enthusiasts. We have
novice coders making tweaks to existing code, and saying proudly "Look what
I did!". There are pros making a living off this stuff, and amateurs
contributing for the global good.

There are going to be lots of these talks. And like anything web related,
every September they will start over.

=)

Jerry Johnson