[wp-hackers] Copyright violations by plugin in the WordPress plugin directory.

Jerry Johnson jmiloj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:37:49 GMT 2008

At first, my thought was "get over yourself". So they based theirs on yours.
Big deal.

That was before a look through the two codebases.

It was a direct lift with no changes at all for that section.

It is only a portion of the whole, but it is bad form. Attribution and
discussion with your should have been part of their path.

I don't think there is much you can do about it over what you have done.
Public embarrassment and scorn works pretty well.

You might add a line to your readme file to further highlight the GPL, but
other than that, I don't know that there is much recourse.