[wp-hackers] Allow Wordpress to use a Slave Database

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Jun 20 02:55:42 GMT 2008

Colin Ogilvie wrote:
> I'd thought about using that, but I'd rather see it implemented in the
> core than having to use different plugins and other DB files which, as
> you said, start to lag behind the core.
>
> Also, hyperdb seems to be a bit advanced for what we were actually
> wanting to do.

I would highly recommend basing your work on HyperDB. There are a lot of
little gotchas that you don't find until you're in production.

I don't think replication support is really needed for core, especially
when we already support drop-in WPDB replacements.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com