[wp-hackers] WP 2.5 gallery breaking xhtml 1.0

Benedict Eastaugh ionfish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 13:20:31 GMT 2008

I wasn't proposing this as a fix for the issue, just responding to
Viper007Bond's suggestion that Matt might be running a patched version
of trunk and explaining that was far from the only possible cause.

As far as I'm concerned, this kind of styling is really the
responsibility of theme authors, and leaving it to them would make
this a non-issue, but obviously the core devs don't agree. However,
the filter I mentioned does mean that a theme developer can add
gallery styling to their stylesheet and remove the default WP gallery
styling.