[wp-hackers] Plugins "update not checked"interface

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jun 12 05:02:48 GMT 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Otto wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Stephen Rider
> <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:03:06 -0700,  wrote:
>>> For the phrasing, how about:
>
> Nobody really cares what the phrasing is. Get it working. Worry about
> the color of the bikeshed later. :)

That's it.  I'm going with 42 pt pink lettering below the plugin
Description.  :p

The phrasing is easily amended, but I do have to code it into the
Plugins page in a particular location.  That is the _entirety_ of my
question.  Phrasing only enters it in that we can't put a long
sentence in a narrow table cell.

So to get back to the original inquiry -- pic one, or give me option 4:

1) Add text below Version # in the version cell of the row.  "Update not
checked"

2) Add text below Description, but in the same table cell.  Formatting
distinguish it from the description text (italic?)

3) Icons instead of text???  Add it to the "Actions" column instead???
Other ideas?

Here's a test screenshot.  The top three plugins have a different
version:

http://striderweb.com/wp-content/docs/no-updates.png

On Jun 11, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Matt wrote:

> Phrasing may not matter much to us, but to the end-user it does.

Heh.  Somebody hears me. :)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider