[wp-hackers] Theme structure

katie sexton katie at phobo.us
Wed Jun 11 18:12:36 GMT 2008

Not sure I really understand your idea.  You would want to allow more
"interactive" smart editing of any template?  How would people use a text
editor to "add" things without knowing html?  For some reason I am imagining
people cracking open their interactive theme editor and typing "More like
apple.com, please" and hitting update.  Most themes abide by basic
conventions but as far as div names, structures etc. there is a lot of
variation.

Stuff like left/right sidebar, single column, colors is pretty easy to
change in a specific theme.  Check out hemingway theme
http://warpspire.com/hemingway/ for an example, or this blog post about
creating a theme with options
http://theundersigned.net/2006/06/wordpress-how-to-theme-options/.