[wp-hackers] Plugins "update not checked"interface

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jun 10 15:52:30 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
> 1) A modified "update stripe" below the plugin row.  "<plugin name> is not
> automatically checked for updates".  Make it a different color from "Update
> found" notice so it's easy to distinguish.  DRAWBACKS: adds permanent
> clutter

I don't care much for the additional row below the plugin row to
notify of updates anyway. It's not visually distinct enough, and it's
difficult to scan through and find.

I know this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I think we need
a new column entirely. Here's a quick mockup. Obviously, this is fast
and dirty, the widths are wrong and I picked a bright-ish color at
random. ;)

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/498/mockupag0.png

I think that that is much simpler and easier to scan through when
looking for updates. You need to grab the users attention that an
update is available, and the second row just does not do it.

-Otto