[wp-hackers] Seeking feedback on Plugins UI

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 18:22:17 GMT 2008

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:20:38 -0700, "Aaron D. Campbell"
<aaron at xavisys.com> wrote:

>I kind of like the idea of separating the plugins into multiple lists,
>but I think three is excessive.  What's wrong with just an "active" and
>"inactive" list?  Once you give the user an easy way to delete and
>install plugins, I don't think there will be a ton of plugins that
>aren't used, so that third list will only hold "recently added and
>not-yet-activated" plugins, which probably shouldn't be on the bottom
>since the user is probably planning on activating them.

I think the 3 lists are necessary cause new design miss the reactivate
plugins button that reactivate only th plugin reviously disactivated
with one click button (deactivate all plugin.

Now you can clcik the table header checkbox to deactivate all the
active plugin in these will appera in the only second list mixed with
never activated plugin you can't revert the situation back easily.

The deactivate/reactivate buttons for a group of plugin was a hig
requested features for years, the new design shoudl mantain this in
some way, and sin checkboxes for group operation need to have 3 lists

>What is changing that would keep this from being accomplished?  As a
>plugin author, I'm continually frustrated by the lack of feedback from
>users.  I have one plugin with 1800+ downloads and 5 ratings, another
>with 2300+ downloads and 4 ratings, and yet another with 6300+ downloads
>and only 5 ratings.

I agree with you even if not a plugin developper, giving the feedback
info to user and allow them to vote inside wp admin interface will
encourage people to vote, an action that maybe they actually don't do
after installed a plugin cause they need to go back to the site nd
vote.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it