[wp-hackers] Seeking feedback on Plugins UI
wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Jun 5 05:23:46 GMT 2008
There are 2 major UI's which i'd like to get some general feedback on:
* Plugin Management - Delete/Group activation/deactivate
* Plugin Installation list
The first one went into trunk last night:
There's an online demo here:
(Just a save as of the plugins page)
Nothing is active in that demo, but it shows the general layout.
* Deactivate all / Reactivate all have been removed, They are replaced by
the Bulk selection and Recently Active plugins list
* The plugin list is seperated into 3 groups:
* Active plugins: Plugins which are currently active on the blog
* Recently Active plugins: Plugins which have been deactivated in the
last 7 days
* Available plugins: Plugins which are installed, But are not active.
* Plugins can only be deleted if they are deactivated.
Thoughts? Anything missing? Anything needs adding?
* Better wording
* Confirmation before deleteing plugins
* Cleanup of the back-code.
Next, As part of Google Summer of Code this year, I'm writing in a Plugin
installer; I'm seeking feedback on the basic UI.
Trac: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6015 (Ignore any attachments there,
Its not current code/UI)
* Plugin Search page:
* Needs Fleshing out a bit, Probably allow uploading of a plugin
* Plugins Listing page:
* Anything missing?
* Anything needs to be there?
I have not got the next install ui up yet, However:
* Clicking Install will most likely bring up a thickbox page with fuller
details about the plugin, Much like the WordPress.org site, Once the users
had a chance to look at the full details, They can confirm installation.
Thoughts on the Layouts?
Anything missing? A detail you'd like to see in the table? (ie. Recently
updated, Or maybe the total number of ratings which have gone into that
(Oh and Yes; Hopefully the installer will make it into 2.6, So i better
get cracking :))
More information about the wp-hackers