[wp-hackers] load_plugin_textdomain()

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Tue Jul 29 02:51:43 GMT 2008

It should be pointed out that users already have the power to check
whether or not plugins and themes use deprecated code with WordPress
2.5+. All they have to do is add

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

to their wp-config.php file and they are done. If a plugin or theme uses
deprecated functions, then an unfriendly message will appear telling the
user that something is using a deprecated function. The usefulness of it
ends there, but you could build a plugin, which goes down further and
checks which file the deprecated function is being called in.

Also, a simple search through all of the plugin and theme files should
also turn up where it is, if a plugin is not a viable solution.

Developers also have this same capability. It is hidden, but it exists
well within WordPress. The best part is that it exists already and can
be used now.

Jacob Santos