[wp-hackers] "Outdated plugin" notice (was: load_plugin_textdomain() )

Gaarai gaarai at gaarai.com
Tue Jul 29 02:29:33 GMT 2008

I think that we are missing something very important here. The Codex is
consistently outdated on what is or is not deprecated, and often is an
unreliable source of accurate and current API information.

What mechanism could possibly keep track of the status of all function
calls and valid parameters when the Codex doesn't even contain that data?

If we can fix this problem either programmatically or procedurally, then
we can start talking about automated checks for deprecated code. Until
such a time, I feel that such checks will be nothing more than a pipe dream.

- Chris