[wp-hackers] Is get_plugin_data "expensive"?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Jul 16 16:42:05 GMT 2008

Heh.  Yeah, I know.  Sometimes I go to extremes with the whole "never
repeat data" rule.  I hate duplicating this kind of thing, because
inevitably you do an update and forget that one variable further down
that _also_ needs to be changed.

Actually, for my purposes, I may only have to update the variable when
there's a change to the defaults (such as a new option introduced).
Kind of like $wp_db_version in WP....

Stephen