[wp-hackers] Plugins & CSS, embeded vs linking

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Jul 15 01:27:32 GMT 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Jonathan Dingman wrote:

> Time after time, I get more annoyed with plugins forcing me to embed
> CSS.
> There ought to be a way to easily offer an option to link to a
> stylesheet
> rather than forcing me to embed the CSS.
> Even offering an option to "disable embedded CSS" and I'll add it
> myself,
> even that would be fine.  but it seems like every plugin that uses CSS
> forces uses to embed CSS, or nearly every plugin.
>
> anyone else have thoughts on this subject?

CSS files go into cache -- is it really such a problem in that
regard?  just askin'.

My Pull-quotes plugin has an option to "not link CSS".  It is quite
simple to add such an option -- add the settings, and then wrap the
CSS hook in an if( $setting ).  I actually did it at the request of a
user.  Took me five minutes.

I think this is a matter of education more than throwing out more hooks.

I may just feel another article coming on.... ;-)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/>