[wp-hackers] Scheduling of future posts with a different post_type.

Jason Webster jason at intraffic.net
Sat Jul 12 15:22:31 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I seem to have reached an impasse with regards to delayed publishing in
a plugin of mine.
Here's the background:

I have a new Write screen which uses all the existing Write post
infrastructure (edit-form-advanced.php, post.php, etc.). All I do is
make a few changes the default post object provided by
get_default_post_to_edit() upon initialization. Specifically, I just set
the post_type to a different string, and force comment_status to closed.

The posts publish fine. They even seem to schedule fine. However, when
it comes time for them to publish, status on the Manage screen stays
"Scheduled" and the time starts displaying time since it should have
published, although it retains the "from now" suffix.

Regular posts schedule and publish just fine.

Now, I have dug around a bunch, but haven't seen anything that would
prevent a post with a different post type to no be published by the
scheduler.

Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?

I'm running 2.5.1, and have no other plugins, other than the one I'm
working on, enabled.

Thanks.
-Jason