[wp-hackers] WordPress Visual Editor Broken

Noel Jackson noel at eight6.com
Wed Jul 9 03:05:32 GMT 2008

I've experienced issues like this with Solaris 10. Some unixes treat
getcwd() and realpath() differently than how they should be (really a
PHP problem).

What I did to fix it was chmod +x anything anything in the webroot path.

from php.net:

On some Unix variants, getcwd() will return FALSE if any one of the
parent directories does not have the readable or search mode set, even
if the current directory does. See chmod() for more information on
modes and permissions.

Maybe that's the culprit.