[wp-hackers] New uploader from #5722 in [6659]

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Tue Jan 29 17:54:02 GMT 2008

> In this step, we look for EXIF data and use it to fill the post_title
> and post_content. Alex wrote that part. If nothing was found, we just
> use the filename basename as the title.

I would like to have a hook to play with this part.
For example: including getid3tag class, and reading the mp3.
Maybe something other for some other kind of files..

> It would be a great improvement if id3 data could be extracted from
> the file and used much like we use EXIF data. However, the uploader
> was not intended to modify uploaded files. That would have to be
> accomplished by a plugin.

I would really do. I did even a patch to have a new hook and do this
with the old wordpress code:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3831

Now I'll have to sort out a new hook and a new proposal :-)
Paolo