[wp-hackers] New uploader from #5722 in [6659]

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:46:14 GMT 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 6:00 AM, Pixline <supporto at pixline.net> wrote:
> Il giorno 28/gen/08, alle ore 22:29, Andy Skelton ha scritto:
> > pre-fills some info from the file's metadata into the attachment
> > record
>
> can you define better this step?

In this step, we look for EXIF data and use it to fill the post_title
and post_content. Alex wrote that part. If nothing was found, we just
use the filename basename as the title.

It would be a great improvement if id3 data could be extracted from
the file and used much like we use EXIF data. However, the uploader
was not intended to modify uploaded files. That would have to be
accomplished by a plugin.

Cheers,
Andy