[wp-hackers] Improving Plugin (and Theme) metadata

Sören Weber mail at soeren-weber.net
Fri Jan 25 09:08:48 GMT 2008

It's only an optimistic assumption: the .po compiler hopefully does not
care about whether a string is inside of PHP comments or not as long a as
the string matches the .po's search condition (which usually is '__' and
'_e' at the moment). I haven't verfied this yet.

Therefore the description string can be encapsulated into a pseudo PHP
function call and so will be recognized by the .po compiler. An example
would look like:

/*
Plugin Name: Blah
Version: 2.0.2