[wp-hackers] How to determine install version of MySQL?

Williams Phillip phil.m.williams at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:13:28 GMT 2008

The conversation here awhile back regarding SQL queries brought up an
issue that I have with a my archive filter plug-in. To filter the the
archives I am using a query similar to the one in wp_get_archive.
However, there is a subquery that I use to limit the posts to those
included (or excluded) from specified categories. Since WP supports
older versions of MySQL that do not support subqueries, the plug-in
would not work.

Is there a hook/method that I could use to not allow the plug-in to
be activated unless MySQL is v5 or better?

Thanks,

Phil
phil.m.williams at gmail.com