[wp-hackers] odd posts query on 404

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:58:47 GMT 2008

Looking at mysql slow queries, I noticed a lot of queries like the
following:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  test_posts.* FROM test_posts  WHERE 1=1
AND post_type = 'post' AND (post_status = 'publish' OR post_status =
'private')  ORDER BY post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 10

That looks perfectly normal, except that it was triggered by request
for /favicon.ico that returned a 404.

It might not be so much of a problem if I didn't have 350,000 posts,
or if the mysql query cache wasn't voided because I just updated the
table, but I'd love to hit the database less, and this seems like a
good place to start.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Casey