[wp-hackers] Plugins directory contact point?

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Fri Jan 11 18:12:52 GMT 2008

Otto wrote:
> The person on the forums is saying that that form is not getting any
> response, having already tried it twice.

from my previous exerience, it appears that bug reports do get read, but
replying to them would be so time consuming, that not even a script will
want to do it; also, the bugs reported are eventually fixed (I
complained about a problem with the ideas interface about a year ago,
and now it appears to be fixed ;-))

> My view is that if we are going to have some kind of ability to host
> and manage a directory of plugins on wordpress.org, then there needs
> to be either some way for authors to edit their information as he is
> requesting.

+1 on that

> Also, we need a contact point. The plugins directory was straight-up
> broken for a very long time (is it still broken), and nobody had any
> idea who to talk to, how to fix it, etc... If we're going to have the
> thing, then it has to be maintained, and there needs to be an avenue
> to report problems; an avenue that actually works.

from here it looks like a combination of understaffing and unwillingness
to accept help from the outside (ashamed with how the code looks? :P),
but I may be wrong.