[wp-hackers] Paragraphs stripped from bio field

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 00:13:37 GMT 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:50 PM, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> Maybe we should have wp_filter_textarea_kses that allows more tags.
> Not sure why <p> is not allowed in wp_filter_kses().

There are two arrays in kses.php that list the allowed tags for
wp_filter_kses and wp_filter_post_kses. I would add the p element to
the $allowedtags array. Actually it is there but commented out. I
don't know why.

Plugins can modify those global arrays. It is also possible to use
wp_kses() to supply your own set of allowed tags. All in kses.php.

Andy