[wp-hackers] Pre-upgrade and post upgrade hooks

Ryan McCue ryanmccue at cubegames.net
Tue Jan 8 08:26:37 GMT 2008

DD32 wrote:
> I DO think that after an upgrade is run, plugins should be sandboxed, and sequentially activated, and de-activating those which cause an error to be thrown -- at least this would prevent the entire admin going down, And doesnt require plugin authors to do anything extra to allow this process to happen.
I think the main issue is working out how to sandbox them. I'd
personally be in favour of having an external PHP file, which loads the
specified plugin and nothing else. We then run `file_get_contents` to
get each one and check if the output is empty. If not, we deactivate it
and add a notice to the page.

I personally see no flaw :)
Thanks,
Ryan.