[wp-hackers] Overlapping in admin header

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:17:29 GMT 2008

Charles E. Frees-Melvin wrote:
> I fixed it no I'm looking into how to write the fix as a patch
Short and sweet:
a) Download Tortoise SVN http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads (I'd choose
installer.) Install it, restart computer if needed.

b) Create folder on desktop called "Trunk"...

c) Right click on it, find "Tortoise SVN menu" then choose first option
for "create repository here". Once that's done....

d) Right click on folder again, go to "SVN Checkout" button/option...
Enter for URL of repository: http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/
(I just let "head revision" option ticked.. hit ok.. It will
automatically SVN check out the TRUNK copy of WordPress... then..

e) Find the files you edited already before, but do it in the SVN copy
of it. Make your changes again. You should get a red circle with "!" in
it...

f) On desktop, right click on the Trunk folder again, find the Tortoise
SVN menu option again, scroll down to "create patch"... The files you
just edited should be listed there with check marks in it.. hit OK.

g) Create a name for your .diff or .patch file, save it to desktop... Done.

I think that's all you need to know...?  =/