[wp-hackers] Cut Off Point for adding Documentation and enhancements to 2.4

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Wed Jan 2 08:02:59 GMT 2008

I plan on working on the documentation up to the day the next semester
starts again, which is the 14th or 15th. I would like to finish 3 or 4
files as well as some old files I've been sitting on, which should be
done by the end of this weekend. However, I would like to know what
would be the cut off point for adding new documentation and enhancements
that will be able to get into 2.4.

On the topic of Documentation, I would like to create a ticket just for
fixing documentation errors that wouldn't justify opening a completed
ticket just to fix a character or line here and there. I think it should
encompass all files, instead of just individual ones. I can have a patch
that correct some documentation in functions.php and plugins.php. Its
been driving me crazy thinking about it, but I can't justify reopening
the same ticket. I would propose that the ticket stay open for future
documentation fixes and referenced from the inline documentation codex
page. If such a ticket were created, would it be closed as invalid or
won't fix and kept open?

I also have some tickets I've shown some love towards that I would like
to get in to 2.4. Well, actually just one, the other one isn't ready.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.