[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal: Integrate WP-cache / WP Super Cache into WordPress

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Feb 29 06:37:04 GMT 2008

Just a quick note:

Keep in mind that the Object Cache has been removed from WordPress 2.5 (By default; Users can still add-in memcached/mysql memory tables/the original object cache via the override file wp-content/object-cache.php)

The main reason for removing it was that it was not enabled by default, and that there were more issues with it than benifits(IMO).

A HTML Cacher would be a nice inclusion in core, But its hard to enable as pure included plugin material, Due to the fact that its either enabled or disabled according to the file being present in wp-content/ or not.

I think WordPress would benefit more from only loading the required files in the long run, As thats something that Plugins cannot help with.