[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal: Integrate WP-cache / WP Super Cache into WordPress

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 06:29:42 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Ronald Heft <ron at cavemonkey50.com> wrote:
> Regarding things like APC and memcache, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do
> not think the majority of web hosts would be able to support those
> solutions. Very few people would benefit.

I don't think APC and memcache work as well in shared environments...

It'd be interesting to see what kind of plugins would be made off of
such a system. A plugin that changes the theme when the site's under
stress would defiantly be interesting.

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/