[wp-hackers] Re: 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:53:07 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Computer Guru
<computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> Two more things:
>
>  1) You can no longer see the full comment on edit-comments.php - this
>  can be a real PITA.

>  2) You cannot access the actual post from the "manage posts" page -
>  you can only access the link to edit them.

Actually, you can, you click on the date for that post. It is a
sublety that once I got used to it, I find is actually a nice
experience.

>  In some places the new interface is feels quite akin to Vista: taking
>  too many steps to do any one thing.

Vista is a nightmare for me, and so I was screaming as I read this,
but now that I have stopped, lets document (on the wiki?) [common] use
cases, what the experience of them with 2.5 and alternate experiences
(and how that would interact with or interfer with other use cases).

Considering a specific use case, and asking people what they meant by
"I miss the Save & Continue", Ryan & I have made progress on:
Draft: Save button behavior should be consistent
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6024

Thank you,
Lloyd