[wp-hackers] Adding custom buttons to TinyMCE v3.x

Jess Planck jesse.planck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:50:18 GMT 2008

I haven't worked with the tinyMCE 3.0 plugin loader yet. There are
enough changes that it will require some rewriting for custom TinyMCE
plugins that's for sure. I do know that it is suggested to use
"relative" addressing for external plugin URLs for better security,
but I do think that full URLs will still work.

You will want to check MoxieCode's updated docs:
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Index

You should also check the changes to trunk's tiny_mce_config.php file.
Pay careful attention to:
apply_filters('mce_external_plugins', array())

It should be loading plugins from an array with $name and $url keys
and then building the tinymce.PluginManager.load() javascript command.

Jess

[    :P    -    Jess Planck    -    http://funroe.net    ]