[wp-hackers] Upgrade sanity checks

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:33:34 GMT 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:04:26 -0600, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>
wrote:

>Now, I've seen a trac ticket for case #1 before (and that can be
>solved by better error handling in upgrade.php), so I was thinking
>about case #2. Is it possible for the upgrade.php file to perform a
>sanity check, and make sure that all the WordPress files are present
>and correct?
>
>One way would be to have it load some other file which is a list of
>all the WordPress files, then check (and potentially hash) them all to
>ensure that they are unchanged. Every time a new release occurred,

Great idea, when developped I would remeber the programmes to not
forget that all this should works for localized files too (unless by
that time hard coded strings will be centralized in some wat avoiding
single file editing) this means give to traslation team tools to
generate righe check file in an easy way under linur windows and maybe
mac too

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it