[wp-hackers] Upgrade sanity checks

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Thu Feb 28 00:15:58 GMT 2008

Otto wrote:
> Hmmm... A quick check tells me that trunk has 487 files. I don't know
> that it would be a good idea to make 487 requests to get those md5's.
>
> Does svn offer any way to get them all at once?

We could have a script that gets (and caches) the MD5s for a given tag,
branch, or trunk and returns them as a single array. I'd be happy to
host such a script on api.wordpress.org.

One thing that seems problematic is the computing of the hashes on the
client side, seems like newline or whitespace differences could impact
the hash, though I could be imagining difficulties where there are none.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com