[wp-hackers] Re: 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Tue Feb 26 18:03:50 GMT 2008

I've just spotted another... say, "oddity", in the menus :

- by default and as usual, the top-level "Write" links to
post-new.php, and toplevel "Manage" links to edit.php, which is
obviously fine
- Go to "Write" : "Manage" stills links to edit.php
- Now go to "Write" then "Page" : "Manage" now links to edit-pages.php
- Now go to "Write" then "Link" : "Manage" links to... edit.php

So basically, a link with the same anchor text can send to different
location, which is IMHO a first usability mistake, and moreover
--second usability mistake-- this behavior is not even consistent (I
would have sort of expected that when on "Write : Link" the "Manage"
link sends to the actual "Manage Links" page, not the "Manage Posts"
page).

I've already expressed my disliking of the layout, but I think this
goes even a step forward in the wrong direction with things under the
hoods being counter-intuitive too.

What do you think guys?

--
http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News