[wp-hackers] Re: 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:01:04 GMT 2008

> Dynamically changing the position of those links strikes me as a very bad
> idea from a usability perspective, since it plays games with user
> expectations: people don't anticipate menu items jumping around depending
on
> what they've written.

I was thinking that when I wrote it :P
I take it back!

But I feel that left-most for primary when it comes to buttons etc. will be
more natural for the majority of users. As was mentioned earlier, the
majority of users will be used to Windows.

Also, most web apps I have used tend to do the same.

Alex