[wp-hackers] Making local changes to default filters, pluggable functions, without a plugin

James Davis james at freecharity.org.uk
Tue Feb 19 14:49:20 GMT 2008

I'm looking at pluggable functions such as wp_install() and thinking
about how I'd replace that function in a fresh install.

Is there a file where I can make changes local to my WordPress
installation without stepping on core files or using a plugin (which
wouldn't be active at this stage)? Something like a

wp-includes/local-functions.php

which would be gracefully included, but not present in the core code.

James

--
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free IT services for charities
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/wiki/ - The VCSWiki