[wp-hackers] Re: WordPress can "leak" if a user name is valid

Seth Chromick seth at thenextwave.biz
Mon Feb 18 22:37:18 GMT 2008

My Fantastico setup uses admin as default, with the option to change it
to whatever you want, within the constraints of the WP user name format.

Just my .02 cents.

Even if you know a user name, WordPress' track record for security is a
mixed bag anyway- most (all?) of the exploits don't need a user name or
a password to work.

Seth Chromick, Web Developer
The Next Wave <http://thenextwave.biz>
marketing • innovation

100 Bonner Street
Dayton, Ohio 45410 USA

vox (937) 228 4433
fax (937) 228 4111

A *S*ervice *D*isabled *V*eteran *O*wned *B*usiness (SDVOB), HUBzone
certified

Take the seminars that will change your business! Websitetology
<http://websitetology.com>
For less than $389 (including URL registration, hosting, and the seminar)
you can have a website that you can maintain-
and get on the first page of Google. Let us teach you how!

Want a better internet experience? - Get Firefox
<http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/>!