[wp-hackers] email adress of a blogger

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 23:36:00 GMT 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 5:17 PM, Mahmoud Al-Qudsi <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> Ideally, you'd add a checkbox next to the email field, default it to
> unchecked, that says "allow other commenters to contact me via email" or
> something along those lines..........

You can sign your comments with your email address if you want to.
Very few people do this. I think new UI elements having that effect
would not useful to most.

Enter the URL of your public identity page if you want to. That is
common and supported.

I'll just come right out and say what everyone is thinking: this
feature would primarily benefit email harvesters.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andyskelton.com/