[wp-hackers] Stability of admin...

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Feb 13 14:57:21 GMT 2008

Since WP 2.5 is coming out March 10 with major changes (at least, the
schedule still says that), and we're about at the "freeze" time frame,
my question for today is:

Are the features of the admin section, composition and layout of the
admin nav menus, markup of the post/page edit screens, and hooks and
other API functions related to the admin section pretty much stable
now for 2.5? In other words, can plugin authors whose plugins add
sections to post/page edit screens, and/or pages/tabs to the admin
menus, start updating their plugins for 2.5, or are we still shooting
at a moving target?

In a related question, did someone write a simple function for plugins
to use to generate wrappers for a post/page edit screen section? (Ryan
had mentioned that was in the plans at some point in an email
discussion, as a good way to support migration to the new wrapper markup.)

If there are still layout/markup/API changes coming that make WP 2.5 a
moving target for plugin developers, how can those of us who might
have time help stabilize it? (Pointing to bug #s in trac, or creating
them, would be helpful so we can write patches.)

Thanks,
     Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software