[wp-hackers] tags, categories and selecting posts

Christine Davis christine at neato.co.nz
Wed Feb 13 07:33:55 GMT 2008

It is possible,  but it requires sorta abusing the API a little (I use it
for magic purposes here: http://www.neato.co.nz/tag-search-experimental/ p.s.
it is an experimental interface.  May cause birth defects, randomly display
white pages because I'm editing things etc. etc.).

Roughly,  if you make a query with the categories and explicitly use the
tag_slug__and (or tag_slug__or) query parameters;  then you'll end up with
posts that match the category and tags.

(The way I use it,  I create my own query object and set a bunch of
parameters;  since I'm conditionally using a bunch.  And I just like it
better that way.  Alternately,  if you pass query_posts an array of values
instead of a query string;  I understand that also does the business.)

So the short answer,  is that you kindof can already it's just not all glued
together properly (:

ch.