[wp-hackers] Renamed hooks

Adam Brown wphackers at adambrown.info
Mon Feb 11 18:22:21 GMT 2008

In WP 2.3, several hooks were renamed to have a variable name. For
example, "publish_post" now  appears in the source as
"${new_status}_$post->post_type". By request from some WP users, I'm
updating the WP hooks database [1] to give clearer information about
these renamings. (As it stands now, the database says that hooks like
"publish_post" no longer appear in the source, which is misleading;
that's what you get from a regular expression-driven database.)

There's one problem. For a handful of hooks that disappeared in 2.3, I
can't figure out what the new hook is (if any). I need help. I've
created a Google Spreadsheet [2] that lists all 37 hooks that
disappeared in 2.3 (in the first column). The second column shows what
I *think* the new hook is. Note that for a handful, the second column
is blank. For reference, you can find a list of all the new hooks
(including all the new variable hooks) that appeared in 2.3 here: [3].

If anybody can correct or add to that Google Spreadsheet, please let
me know. I'll update the spreadsheet as I get responses. As soon as
I've got all the info I need, I'll be able to update the hooks
database.

Here are the URLs you'll need:
[1] WP Hooks database
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks

[2] Google spreadsheet
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p_bmzDs47XgbOksdMzKM3OA

[3] New hooks in 2.3
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/version/2.3?new=1

Thanks in advance.

--
Adam R. Brown
Doctoral candidate, UCSD Political Science