[wp-hackers] Attachments and tags

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Fri Feb 8 10:23:41 GMT 2008

Before submitting a ticket on this I wanted feedback from the gallery:
Attachments, whatever sort of media we're talking about, ends up as a
special kind of post in the posts table. So why shouldn't they have tags
like posts and Pages do?

I can't come up with a reason they shouldn't other than lack of interest
  incorporating a tags field in the Uploads/Media Library editor.
However, I've begun to see the use of being able to tag attachments.

While I'm at it, why not custom field metadata for attachments?

-Kaf