[wp-hackers] Codex function page proposal

Gaarai gaarai at gaarai.com
Sat Dec 27 20:46:14 GMT 2008

I've spent the past couple of days working on a new style for the
function pages on the Codex. I did a lot of research on different
documentation sites. Eventually, I found that the PHP Function Reference
<http://us2.php.net/manual/en/funcref.php>, has what I consider the most
straightforward, intuitive function documentation style.

In order to see how the PHP style would work on the Codex, I created a
new function reference rough draft to try it out. My results can be
found here <http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Chrisbliss18/wp_cache_add>
(http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Chrisbliss18/wp_cache_add).

For those that don't know why I'm doing this, I'm trying to get a
standard format that can be used for all functions in order to make
using the Codex more consistent and creating/editing pages quicker and
easier.

With that in mind, I'd like to get feedback on what everyone thinks
about this format.

What do you like and dislike about it?
Would this format make using the Codex easier or more difficult?
Would this format make adding/editing the Codex easier or more difficult?

--
Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/