[wp-hackers] WP 2.7 : why using POST when GET is enough ?

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Fri Dec 26 12:27:31 GMT 2008

Hi

On 24 déc. 2008, at 22:46, Jacob Santos wrote:

> Go to trac.wordpress.org and create a ticket. If you can, checkout
> WordPress repository trunk directory. Make the change and submit the
> patch to the same ticket.

I don't really see the point in opening a ticket without knowing
before if this is a bug or a design feature. May be the choice of POST
instead of GET is made in an attempt to make WordPress more "RESTFul".

But well, if nobody here knows about that, I figure I'll have to fill
a bug report.

> Patrick Proniewski wrote:
>>
>> Since version 2.7, WP uses POST method to request "wp-cron.php?
>> check=...". What is the point ?
>> My antispam filter works by denying POST method to people who fail
>> to provide proper credentials. It's implemented on the server side
>> (in httpd.conf). Then, the POST method is denied for wordpress or
>> whatever process on the server.
>> I had to edit wp-includes/cron.php to replace wp_remote_post with
>> wp_remote_get.
>> I need to get rid of every POST requests made locally, and replace
>> them with GET requests.

regards,

patpro